The following tax-related deadlines during quarter three of 2022 are important for employers and businesses to meet. However, this isn't a complete accounting of all deadlines that might apply to you. To ensure that you meet all the necessary deadlines for your organization in the third quarter, reach out to our office today to learn more about the filing requirements you may have.
August 1, 2022
- The retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) for the 2021 calendar year is due, or you can request an extension to file.
- Second quarter reporting of your income tax withholding and FICA taxes (FORM 941) is due, and any tax owed should be paid. There is an exception below under the August 10th deadline.
August 10, 2022
- If you paid all associated taxes due on time, you should report your second quarter 2022 income tax withholding and FICA taxes (Form 941).
September 15, 2022
- Pay your third installment of 2022 estimated income tax if you are a calendar-year C-corporation.
- For companies that filed for an automatic six-month extension as a calendar-year S-corporation or partnership:
- Pay all interest, penalties, and owed taxes on your 2021 income tax return filing (Forms 1065, 1120S, or 1065-B).
- Make necessary contributions to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans for 2021.