Businesses and other employers should take note of these key tax-related deadlines for the second quarter of 2022.
- Calendar-year corporations must use Form 1120 file a 2021 income tax return or use Form 7004 to file for an automatic six-month extension. Any tax due must be paid.
- Corporations must pay the first installment of their estimated 2022 income taxes.
- Individuals must use Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR to file their 2021 income tax return or use Form 4868 to file for an automatic six-month extension.
- Individuals who don’t pay income tax through withholding must use Form 1040-ES to calculate and pay the first installment of their 2022 estimated taxes.
- Employers must use Form 941 to report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022. Any tax due must be paid.
- If you deposited on time and fully paid all of the associated taxes due, employers must use Form 941 to report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the first quarter of 2022.
- Corporations must pay the second installment of their 2022 estimated income taxes.
This list isn’t all-inclusive, and it’s worth keeping in mind that there may be other additional deadlines that apply to you. To learn more about filing requirements and ensure that you’re meeting all applicable tax deadlines, contact us.