Are you a driven, ambitious individual who wants to advance your career in audit accounting? If your answer is yes, then we want YOU!
In this role, you will be working closely with Smolin’s audit department. The ideal candidate will possess excellent audit preparation skills with the ability to grow quickly into a supervisory position.
To qualify, you must have 3-6 years of public accounting experience. Also requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA license is preferred. Must have demonstrated expertise in current professional practice and demonstrated knowledge of general economic and political trends of pending tax or other legislation affecting the business climate. Strong communication and leadership skills and ability to travel are required.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Manage multiple audit and review engagements
- Review / Train / Supervise engagement staff
- Act as the Primary Liaison between Managers, Partners, the Client, and engagement team
- Responsible to all phases of an engagement and resolving all legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement
- Reviewing all scheduled and non-scheduled general ledger accounts for accurate entries
- Audit / review / compile annual financial statements
- Conduct constructive discussions with team member on their evaluations and providing counsel accordingly
- Assist with billing and collections
- Staying current on new pronouncements or accounting literature
- Serving in professional development programs as an instructor or discussion leader
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- 3-6 years prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s in Accounting and a CPA license
- Must have demonstrated expertise in current professional practice and demonstrated knowledge of general economic and political trends of pending tax or other legislation affecting the business climate
- Strong communication and leadership skills and ability to travel are required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position; 47 plus hours per week
- Work schedule is flexible based on tax season and client needs